Monday, March 10, 2014

SkneyBonz

I was sent 2 tracks by SkneyBonz via email.  The first track I received is called Swagger On A Million.
I love the way this track comes in. The sample looped and mixed the way it is, is very catchy and I immediately want to hear more of this song.
I am not feeling the way the verse drops in. I feel like the beat should have been left simple the way it was at the beginning. The lyrics are ill. I do think the chopped and screwed voice effect could have been used in moderation.You'd almost think at the beginning that this track may have a boppy swag feel, almost like a Soldier Boy Tell Em track, the way the beat didnt have a bass line but the lyrics prove it can hold up with almost any style.
SkneyBonz comes in strong on the verses but seems to start to trail off around the middle.
If he kept that energy all the way through I'd be hype!
Overall this song is dope. It has tons of potential as far as playability and videos. The only thing keeping me from loving it 100% is the beat. I am not into the synth used at all.

I've just listened to Turn It Up by SkneyBonz.  I like this beat better than the last one, still not completely feeling it.However just with these 2 tracks I do see the style of beat that SkneyBonz prefers and he uses them well.
I like how the hook kicks off the track. Again, right away SkneyBonz comes in strong and begins to lose his energy near the middle of the first verse. Lyrics again are dope and well written. His delivery and tempo are next to perfect on this beat.
The second verse comes in perfectly and again I am drawn in to the track. The tempo and flow switch from the last verse is impressive. The lyrics on the second verse are not as on point as the first. It almost seemed a little rushed as far as quality. I know SkneyBonz is capable of better lyrics.

Both of these tracks are very likeable and deserve much props. SkneyBonz seems to be a versatile artist that I would love to hear more from in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment