Sunday, September 23, 2012

SOHO Kings: 

SOHO KINGS is a band and studio project from New York City. 

Producer/Singer Bryce Alvord and Rapper Celsius911 have 

officially teamed up after years of collaboration and are currently 

working on recording their debut album.



I was sent via email, 2 tracks called Killen Me Slow and Want You Tonight.


As Killen Me Slow comes in I am absolutely hating the beat. It drops with singing which I am definitely not a fan of. Ok so now that I'm listening to it, thats the sound they were TRYING to achieve. They are more on some pop/rap type stuff here. Ok. I get it. I can somewhat adjust my ear to what they are wanting and evaluate that way. 
I am not sure who is who but dude's voice is not terrible and his lyrics are meaningful. Shoot I think I decided I really like this song. I've got it downloaded and I think it may be Ipod worthy. The lyricist of the group has a nice voice also and his lyrics really are not bad. This song is the truth too. I really like it. 

Ok like I said long ago, I was not evaluating production but I think these guys really have it down. Everything sounds really good as far as their recording and so forth. I dont like the beat on Want You Tonight, but of course thats cuz I don't do this type of music. Im actually anxious to hear this song.  Starts with the rapping and I really like!! I am totally a fan of these guys!! Bottom line this song is dope and I see a big future for these guys!! End of story!!

These songs just prove how people need to be open minded and expand their horizons. Especially in the review game. I came in like "I hate this" because mostly I hear nothing but rap and hip hop. These songs are great and if these guys want to get radio play and make the big bucks, they are well on their way. Im relieved to hear this!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment